• John Gibbs received his B.F.A. in Sculpture and Scientific Illustration from the University of Michigan.
• He also studied in Florence, Italy, through the University of Michigan, at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI and at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
• He began his career in Chicago, IL exhibiting paintings and sculptures in the Around the Coyote Art Festival.
• John cofounded Super Duper Art Co., a gallery in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood.
• In his second year exhibiting at the Around the Coyote Art Festival. John’s painting “Un-Sittable” was selected for the Curator’s Choice Award.
• John was Artist in Residence at Keystone Art & Culture Center (KACC), a non-profit gallery and educational bronze foundry in Lancaster, PA. During his two years there, he worked to establish the facilities, exhibited paintings and completed commissioned sculptures.
• New American Paintings magazine featured John’s work in issue #69.
• John is currently living in Greensboro, NC. You can contact him there to arrange a studio visit or see his website for further details.
Gallery Exhibitions Include: Circa Gallery, Ashboro, NC Revelry Gallery, Louisville, KY Randolph County Artist Guild, Ashboro, NC The View on Elm, Greensboro, NC Center for Visual Arts Greensboro, NC Lyndon St. Artworks Greensboro, NC Alamance Arts Council Graham, NC Chicago Art Department, Chicago, IL KACC, Lancaster, PA Pfenninger Gallery, Lancaster, PA Sirani Gallery, Pittsburgh, PA Johnsonese Gallery, Chicago, IL